One Stop Roleplay
Hey, wait! You there! Yes you! Who else would I be talking to? You seem to have not logged in yet. Perhaps you should do that. Come on, it's not that hard, the log in button is right there below this. I'm just going to follow your scrolling up and down until you log on. It's seriously not that hard, all you have to do is click the 'Log In' button then enter your username and password...Go on! Unless you're not a user? If you're not a user here why don't you go ahead and click 'Register' then? We love new people here :3
Now quit wasting your time by reading this message, seriously. I have things to do other than follow you around all day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

One Stop Roleplay
Hey, wait! You there! Yes you! Who else would I be talking to? You seem to have not logged in yet. Perhaps you should do that. Come on, it's not that hard, the log in button is right there below this. I'm just going to follow your scrolling up and down until you log on. It's seriously not that hard, all you have to do is click the 'Log In' button then enter your username and password...Go on! Unless you're not a user? If you're not a user here why don't you go ahead and click 'Register' then? We love new people here :3
Now quit wasting your time by reading this message, seriously. I have things to do other than follow you around all day.
One Stop Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Guess who's back?
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:49 am by Juliet

» Psssst
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 am by Rose Rathe

» Hatsuye Ayumu, Beginning Painting
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:29 am by Rose Rathe

» I SWEAR
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:16 am by Rose Rathe

» Wizard Partners…
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:44 pm by Juliet

» Wizards
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:03 am by Juliet

» Scott McDaniels
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 pm by Jordan Kronk

» Talia McCall
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:29 am by Juliet

» Camp Half-Blood "Refugees"
Before you journalize... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm by Juliet

Before you journalize...

Go down

Before you journalize... Empty Before you journalize...

Post by Lynnea Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:40 am

So you want your character to keep a journal/blog thing? That's great! It's an amazing way to get to know your character just that much better!
But before you dive right in there like I'm sure you so badly want to there are a few things you may want to know.

You've kept a journal right? So you know how it works? This will be like that. Your character won't write in third person (unless they're like Golem from Lord of the Rings "My precious!" then go write ahead and write in third person) but if your character is...for lack of a better word normal then they will probably write in first person. And even though this is out in the open for everyone to see, no one's character will see the writings inside. Remember, your knowledge and your character's knowledge are two very different things.

So let's say you're best friends with someone (to specify, I actually mean YOU not your CHARACTER Razz) but you two decide it'd be fun to make your characters are worst enemies. When your character writes their journal, they're probably not going to say nice things about your friend's character like "Oh! Me and Sally are such good friends!" probably more like "Today, I saw that jerk of a girl Sally. She's such an idiot." It's a journal! No one's supposed to see it, right? So of course your character's probably going to want to go all out bashing the people they don't like and promoting the people they do.

Don't worry about hurting someone's feelings, because this is your character-not you. And other characters will not see your character's journal without you or your character's permission. And remember to keep it in one thread, every new entry is a new reply/page in the journal. (Unless, of course, you have two different characters. For example: my character, Lynnea, isn't going to be writing in my other character's, Lucille, journal.)Now go have fun writing that journal! Very Happy
Lynnea
Lynnea
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 79
Main Character : Lucille Dumont

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum